On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 12:38:44PM +0100, Lucio Chiappetti wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2010, Thomas Adam wrote:
>
> >Sounds like the Colormap is used up.  Try adding to your .fvwm2rc file:
> >
> >ColormapFocus FollowsFocus
>
> Sorry, no effect at all.
> (I had FollowsMouse before, according to system default)

It wasn't guaranteed to help, just that it might.

There's nothing FVWM can do to help you here if it is a colormap problem --
it certainly sounds like it based on your description.  Last I checked,
Acroread (despite being a piece of crap [1]) used Motif, whilst Firefox
(from your example) does not.

So it won't be an .Xdefaults problem in terms of comparing Firefox with
Acroread.  It could be that Acroread what it starts up is overriding the
XResource stuff via XAPPSDIR for itself.  You should check that.

Not an FVWM problem that I can tell.

-- Thomas Adam

[1] Any reason why you don't use some other PDF viewer?  This is rhetorical,
I don't want an actual answer.