On Thu, 30 May 2019, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:

On the new system I'm configuring, I'm running without any .fvwmrc file in the home directory of the account that I start X from. So I guess this means that Fvwm is picking up some default .fvwmrc file from someplace.

I just discovered that fvwm-config -S will tell you where system.fvwm2rc
is (on my machine it looks to be in /etc/X11/fvwm2.

just below those things there is an empty space.  I would very
much like to place another xclock in that empty space as follows:

Copy the system.fvwm2rc in ~/.fvwm/.fvwm2rc and edit it freely (some examples of mine are in the link in signature)

--
Lucio Chiappetti - INAF/IASF - via Corti 12 - I-20133 Milano (Italy)
http://sax.iasf-milano.inaf.it/~lucio/WWW/Opinions/window.html