From: "c...@ans.com.au" <c...@ans.com.au>
Sent: Sat, October 16, 2010 3:45:56 PM
Subject: [FW-1] IP Change of both SmartCenter and Gateway

Hi,

I have a centrally licensed SmartCenter and one splat enforcement gateway
module.

To suit our internal policy, we have to change the internal ip address of
the gateway, and obviously the ip address of the SmartCenter. I have
obtained the license for the new ip address from CP. Following the change
over procedure, I have managed to changed the ip of both, installed the new
license, reset the sic, and successfully installed the policy.

However, now I cannot access the net from the internal network. The odd
thing though is that, our ftp server, which on a dmz in splat, can be
accessed from the net and internally. We are using ISA 2006 (proxy mode) as
our proxy server (and no we are chaining splat with the isa).

I've changed the routing, the vlan assignments, etc but still cannot surf
the net. Our proxy server cannot surf either.

Originally, before the ip change, the splat, smartcenter and proxy server
are on the same vlan (192.168.x.y/24). But with the new ip, splat and smart
center are on a different vlan (172.x.y.z/24). Both vlans are on the same
cisco switch.

In the new ip addresses, I look at the tracker log, I don't even see the
http connection hitting the firewall.

I suspect routing is the issue.

Please advise any suggestions/ideas.

ta
czar

Scanned by Check Point Total Security Gateway.