I have seen issues like this after changing IPs on gateways, ussually it
gets resolved by going to the gateway object in the Dashboard > Topology >
Get Interfaces.

You might have already done it as part of the change, but if not, it might
help.

Regards

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 7:03 AM, Gary Scott <accesslimi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> You should verify with a tcpdump to make sure the traffic is not getting to
> your
> FW. You did a get topo after the IP change, define new networks, setup NAT
> etc...? Does your manager use the FW has its default gateway? Can it access
> the
> internet? If no traffic is seen at the FW then not much you can do to the
> FW for
> traffic that doesn't reach it.
>

> -GS

> Sent: Sat, October 16, 2010 3:45:56 PM
> Subject: [FW-1] IP Change of both SmartCenter and Gateway
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a centrally licensed SmartCenter and one splat enforcement gateway
> module.
>
> To suit our internal policy, we have to change the internal ip address of
> the gateway, and obviously the ip address of the SmartCenter. I have
> obtained the license for the new ip address from CP. Following the change
> over procedure, I have managed to changed the ip of both, installed the new
> license, reset the sic, and successfully installed the policy.
>
> However, now I cannot access the net from the internal network. The odd
> thing though is that, our ftp server, which on a dmz in splat, can be
> accessed from the net and internally. We are using ISA 2006 (proxy mode) as
> our proxy server (and no we are chaining splat with the isa).
>
> I've changed the routing, the vlan assignments, etc but still cannot surf
> the net. Our proxy server cannot surf either.
>
> Originally, before the ip change, the splat, smartcenter and proxy server
> are on the same vlan (192.168.x.y/24). But with the new ip, splat and smart
> center are on a different vlan (172.x.y.z/24). Both vlans are on the same
> cisco switch.
>
> In the new ip addresses, I look at the tracker log, I don't even see the
> http connection hitting the firewall.
>
> I suspect routing is the issue.
>
> Please advise any suggestions/ideas.
>
> ta
> czar

> Scanned by Check Point Total Security Gateway.

Sergio Alvarez
CISSP | CCSE+

Scanned by Check Point Total Security Gateway.