De: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1
[mailto:fw-1-mailingl...@amadeus.us.checkpoint.com] En nombre de Peter Addy
Enviado el: Thursday, December 23, 2010 3:12 PM
Para: FW-1-MAILINGLIST@AMADEUS.US.CHECKPOINT.COM
Asunto: [FW-1] Site 2 site VPN between Microsoft ISA Firewall to Checkpoint NGX
R65 incoming

Hi,

has anyone out there had any experience with setting up a VPN between a
Checkpoint NGX R65 with a Microsoft ISA Firewall.

We have configured our Checkpoint as usual but with tunnel management set as per
host.

Strange thing is we can do the key exchange, exchange hosts, and can even see
the application being tested incoming, the packets comes into our firewall which
is then decrypted, this then Nat's correctly and so forth to the destination
server, so all looks fine

I even do a tcpdump on the internal interface on our firewall and can see
packets being exchange between the translation source IP and translated
destination server, however the user does not get any response back.

If all looks fine and address translation is happening and we do not see any
errors in our logs, then does anyone please know what might be the problem?

Has anyone out there had any experience with setting up a VPN between a
Checkpoint NGX R65 with a Microsoft ISA Firewall?

We have configured our Checkpoint as usual but with tunnel management set as per
host for this one device

The user  below gets  the messages in his ISA Firewall log

Log type: Firewall service
the server

Log type: Firewall service
respond after a certain period of time, or established connection failed because
connected host has failed to respond
Is there anything I have missed, why would the user not get a response back?
Also if we do a tcpdump on the external interface of the firewall for the host
address connecting, not the vpn gateway address, would we see this, or is this
within the tunnel and the only thing we should see is ISAKAMP, reason I ask is
that we do see on the external interface connections on say port 3389, surely
this is not right
Thanks

Scanned by Check Point Total Security Gateway.

Scanned by Check Point Total Security Gateway.

Notice of Confidentiality:

The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to
receive it. It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this
email and then delete it from your system.