I've found that SmartPortal gives you some options you may like.  I had to work
with Checkpoint to get it to run correctly though, because it doesn't work out
of the box as recently as R65 HFA70 earlier this year, and I needed to get some
patches coded up from CP to fix it.  You may have the same issue with newer
versions, and note that bug fixes don't all seem to get rolled up into the next
HFA, either.  Check with CP support to see if yours needs a fix as well.

I found (on R65 HFA70, again, but recently this year, so I expect other code
versions may have shipped with the same brain damage as well) that it would
work with a default (blank) security policy, or a couple of rules, but would
never load any actual policies on production management stations I had in use.
They told me anything from punctuation in my section headers, to my naming of
objects could cause it to bomb on showing the policy. Basically, legit naming
in the GUI was not necessarily handled correctly by the web interface seemed to
be the issue.  They eventually got me a fix that worked, and the policy loaded
up fine after that.

I personally like SmartPortal for some uses.  Obviously it's not nearly as
detailed as the GUI client, but I don't have to get them the client to install,
and for some users, they don't know what they're looking at beyond the rules
and log files anyway.  The wrong people that I've given the full GUI client to
ended up just playing with it and rummaging through all the menus, and opening
tickets for "security problems" that were nothing more than their
misunderstanding of what all the config options did.  Never underestimate how
much trouble a bored / untrained IT governance user or mid-level manager can
get into with extra time on their hands and a full GUI with tons of things to
check out.  (I actually found some were trying to get enough familiarity
through just playing in the GUI to lie about knowing Checkpoint on their resume
for their next job, which generated far too many phone calls once that GUI was
rolled out to them ;-)

If you have a server admin who just wants to see what ports are allowed on
their server, or check the logs (for themselves, without opening a ticket for
the security team) to see that their traffic is making it through the firewall
before they look at their application to find the real problem, I think it's
great.  And for clients that require WAY too many users to have read-only
access to the firewall (a problem in itself, but not one I can politically
fight), then the web SmartPortal is awesome, because with a little tweaking on
the server side you can limit the total number of web daemons spawned, and then
have no more than 3-4 users searching the logs at once, which keeps them from
swamping your disk I/O and slowing you down during a problem (when it seems
that _everyone_ with read-only access wants to jump in and give advice on what
they think is going on).

Basically SmartPortal is of no use to most real security engineers (and
therefore, most people on this list), but it's exactly what's needed (and
nothing more) for a subset of users that demand read-only access for a few
basic needs.