From: swilhelm [mailto:st...@studio831.com]
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2009 2:27 PM
To: fw-general@lists.zend.com
Subject: [fw-general] Is Cal Evan's Globals.php a recommended approach

I have been Reading Cal Evan's Guide to Zend Framework Programming.

In it he describes a Globals.php file for creating a single class to
encapsulate access to global resources like the database connection, cache
connection, config, etc.

This seems useful, particularly if you use it in conjunction with his
Controller_Request_Cli class for exposing some of your Zend-based
application via command line or cron jobs.

I was wondering if this is the recommended approach to exposing global
resources or is there a Zend Framework "approved" method?

- Steve W.