I haven't seen this Globals.php but it sounds something similar to what I use
myself.
To simplify access to those resources I created a wrapper around
Zend_Registry,
which handles lazy loading and returns preconfigured components.
So all it takes is one line Foo::db()->fetchAll(...) to run some sql.
And this works across multiple applications, web scripts and cron jobs.
I think it's pretty good solution and it proved itself in many applications
I built.

Cheers