Bennett> When I got around to writing the thing, here's what came out. Sort
Bennett> of an elaborated and extended Schwartzian Transform. The naughty
Bennett> bits can be found quickly by searching for "map" and "sort". I
Bennett> think the maps with big tagging regexps are particulary juicy.

Bennett> I'm undecided whether this is good.

If you need only the best (or worst) of the list, a sort is probably
overkill.  Just do a "high-water mark" scan, keeping the best
candidate as you compare it with each other candidate.