about time to go shopping again, maybe when the new G5,s
are updated with new cinema displays?

Brian

On Monday, November 3, 2003, at 06:03 AM, G-Books wrote:

Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 13:44:44 +0000
Subject: G4 AiBook & External Monitor settings
From: Tom Burke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I'm having an annoying problem when running an external monitor off my
12" PB. The monitor is a 19" Iiyama, and I like to run it at 1280 x
1024, 75 hz, and also make it the primary display. And once this is set
up, it all works fine. However, most of the time the PB isn't connected
to the external monitor, it's just occasionally that I connect it.

It's just occasionally that I disconnect mine.

What's annoying is that sometimes when I connect it the system remembers how I want it all set up and just switches the displays (both of them) to the way I want it. But on other occasions when I connect the monitor I get mirrored displays with both of them set to 800 x 600.

Both of them changing sounds strange, do not know about that one. Almost never use both displays at once.

Does anyone know why I should be experiencing this variable behaviour?

Tom Burke

PS I'm running 10.2.8, and it's a Mk 1 12" PB, so it's using the
analogue video out port and the 'video to VGA' connector supplied with
the PB.

TB