On 7/18/04, MTH wrote:

>I've been using SBC/Yahoo DSL for over a year now without any problems.
As I indicated, YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary)...

>I was wondering why you use internet connect? I just click on my
>browser and I'm online, and my connection stays on until I close my
>browser.

I do not always have IC up and running (don't need it to connect), but
had started running it to check on apparent slowness/delays on emails
going out. Internet Connect has the two bars (sending/receiving) that
(like with in OS 9's control panel... OT?/PPP?) can show me if there is
activity going out or coming in. Allows me to see 1) if my system sends
anything out to the mail server (yes), and 2) if the mail server has
responded (no, or verrrryyyy sllloooww in getting back to my computer).

Glad you haven't had to use SBC/Yahoo's tech support yet. First, you will
have to wait a while just to get through (am growing to hate automated
phone systems), and then when you do get to a tech person, several/most
times (haven't been doing any statistical study of my calls, y'know) they
cannot resolve my problem. But as I said, things may be otherwise for you
(do you work for them or have a relative who does? Maybe that's what I
need).

Glad for your good luck. I'm just not impressed with SBC/Yahoo's service
or connections in outstate Missouri. You may be in an urban area and that
can make the difference.

Jim Rohde