on 13/02/06 21:18, Woody Duncan at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I wanted to sign up for the "low end mac" list because I do
> e-mail on my old i-Mac. I'm using Netscape 7.0 to send and
> receive e-mail. But it freezes up if I try to pull up a
> web page so I use Netscape 4.74 to surf the web. But the
> google links give me unreadable pages using 4.74. I know
> sticking with Netscape is like driving a 1957 Desota, but
> it is very comfortable. And, I prefer using Composer in
> 4.74 to build web pages with.
>
> Then I went to my powerbook and tried to sign up and was
> given the same run around as others. I was told that I am
> subscribed. Then, I am told I cannot post messages because
> I am not a member - what's up ?
>
> Must I use my g-mail account. I prefer to use my normal
> e-mail through my ISP. I reserve my g-mail for when I'm
> away from home using the wireless in some motel.
> Woody

Somebody posted an email address where you send a message and then can be
subscribed to that email address. I don't remember the exact email address,
though, so you might have to search in the archive.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Get a life!: imp. Hacker-standard way of suggesting that the person to whom
it is directed has succumbed to terminal geekdom (see computer geek). Often
heard on Usenet, esp. as a way of suggesting that the target is taking some
obscure issue of theology too seriously. This exhortation was popularized by
William Shatner on a "Saturday Night Live" episode in a speech that ended
"Get a _life_!", but some respondents believe it to have been in use before
then. It was certainly in wide use among hackers for at least five years
before achieving mainstream currency in early 1992.