On 16/02/06 13:14, "sandra ragan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Feb 16, 2006, at 8:56 AM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>
>> Once you subscribe to the list, you'll have to create an account on
>> Google
>> with your current email address.
>
> I am considering not moving to Google... I'm starting to resist this
> constant request to create new accounts everywhere... I have a two page
> list of them now and just keeping track of them all is getting to be a
> pain...
> I realize that to a large extent the spammers make this necessary, but
> it's also a marketing ploy akin to "put your business card in the bowl
> and win a prize" so we can target you for advertising.

You know, even though you might not realize it, you have pretty much an
account opened at MacLaunch, which is a service separate from Low End Mac
that Dan is using to  maintain his lists. They have your email address and
your name. As soon as you register for something on the net, you are already
giving away your identity...

-Laurent.