On 18-Feb-06, at 4:23 PM, Dylan McDermond wrote:

On Feb 18, 2006, at 7:57 AM, Amber Robey wrote:

The computer formats may be the same but the video formats are not. The videos are all in Pal format vs the North American NTSC format.

Ah, there is you problem. You cannot mix 25fps (PAL) with 29.97fps (NTSC) on a DVD or within a single video file. You will need to transcode the PAL material up to NTSC framerate. This can introduce the "stuttering" you were speaking of earlier. There's not really much of a way around it, though. Try using a couple of different encoders and make sure that you set the output framerate to 29.97 before hitting any "encode" buttons.

Hi Dylan,

I had been told that Quicktime Pro 7 and the MPEG-2 Playback Add-on would allow me to transcode these files so that they will not stutter. I was hoping that somebody here had both and could test this for me with a small file before I go ahead and buy the two.

Another suggestion was to use Toast to convert them somehow but so far, I have not been able to make this work. It keeps reverting to PAL format because the video file is in Pal format of course.

Is there someway to adjust the frame rate 20 29.97 in VLC or can you recommend a better encoder that will do this for me.

I am desperate to get this sorted out as I have to have all these files merged together in a DVD presentation within the next week.

Thanks,

Amber