On 18-Feb-06, at 9:34 PM, Brian McEwen wrote:

I would expect that spending the $ to let you play them, would also let you edit them, but this is Apple, and I have not the capability to test as I'm not going to fork out the double $ to get Pro and the codec (I have one of the iLife bundles that came with my laptop though).

I have no problem paying for the two if they work - although, I must admit that I get tired of Apple not showing much consideration to loyal customers - i.e. not offering upgrade prices for Quicktime Pro and iLife each year but I guess they have to make their money and that's an entirely different issue.

In any case, if Quicktime Pro and the add-on will work to allow me to use this video easily in iMovie, then I have no problem forking over the money for them both.

I had just been hoping there was some freeware that would at least allow me to convert or encode the clips to usable Quicktime clips so I could import them into iMovie and edit them there.

Amber