On Feb 20, 2006, at 9:17 PM, Clark Martin wrote:

It isn't a matter of supporting Macs but of supporting standards for HTML. The idea that a web site has to be all bells and whistles is absurd. There was a period where every time I went surfing I'd hit at least one site that needed the latest version of flash or some other crud just so they can have flames or something stupid on the page.

I'll second that. At times it's really 'employment insurance" for wanabe Flash designers, and a way of getting someone to pay for their education. The tech who suggested I toss my laptop also said it didn't matter if only a handful of Windows users could print the all Flash website pages... "we aren't a reference library" and "we don't need Mac using customers"

Sandra Ragan
www.plumdigital.com

Knowledge is a rare thing -- you gain by giving it away.
—Ivan Sutherland