This subject interests me, in that I was thinking of moving my main Mac from the current G3 AIO ("Molar") setup running (flawlessly!) Panther to a G3 Beige Server. I'd maxed out the memory on the Molar, and was thinking of switching it to the Server.

Should I expect trouble?

I sure hope not!

I was planning on doing it later today!

So far, OS X 10.3.9 works wonderfully on my Molar. Never a freeze. Never lost a thing. Though occasionally a browser (Safari and Camino both) go down.

twv

Thanks for the info Clark, can I have some more?
You say you had problems with osX, what rev were/are the G3's you tried it on? My beige (got the spelling right this time) has a rev 3 board. Were yours earlier versions, hence the trouble? Can you tell me what set-up you have on the machine running os9 so I can weigh up the options available to me.
Many thanks, Ivan