On 10 Jul 2015 at 10:04, Krämer Kevin wrote:

From:   Krämer Kevin <k.krae...@hesse-lignal.de>
To:     "'g4u-help@feyrer.de'" <g4u-help@feyrer.de>
Date sent:      Fri, 10 Jul 2015 10:04:20 +0000
Subject:        [g4u-help] Problem with recovering image

>     Hello together,
>
>     I got a problem virtulizing our Proliant 3000 with Unixware 7.
>     I booted the server with the g4u CD and got the following disks:
>
>     Ld0 at cac0 unit 0: RAID5 array (70GB)
>     Ld1 at cac0 unit 1: RAID 1 array (9GB)
>
>     I used uploaddisk command with ld0 and ld1 at the end for each logical
> disk.
>     After this I created a virtual machine on an ESXi 5.5 (with Unixware 7
> Support)
>     and added two IDE drives (not SCSI).
>     After using slurpdisk command to wd0 and wd1 I rebooted the virtual
> machine
>     and got error loading operating system.
>     With deploying the image to two SCSI drives I got the same problem.
>
>     I suspect that it is not supported to recovery the image from a logical
> disk to a
>     IDE drive – am I right?
>
>     Do you got any further hints for me, which I could test?
>     This machine is very important for us and I’ll try anyting to get it
> virtulized before
>     the disk drives crash.

Most likely the problem is that the drivers for the controller are not in the
kernel. I had this issue years ago, when I upgraded to a new machine that
had sata disk. I had imaged the old disks to the new disk, but it would not
boot from the disk. Could boot from a live cd and all partitions were fine.
Ended up have to rebuild the initrd to include the sata controller drivers. The
live cd seemed to have all the drivers installed in the initrd, but systems
later
only include the drivers that actually exist in the machine.

Was long ago, so don't recall the exact process to add the driver, and don't
know if the same would apply with UnixWare.

>     Thank you in advance
>
>     Kind regards
>
>     Kevin

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mi...@kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetze...@gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC@HOME CREDITS
ROSETTA     31754058.264764   |   SETI        56646725.676738
ABC         16613838.513356   |   EINSTEIN    65863624.825096