Hi Colin

I launched a big job on my local galaxy server (for which I am admin). The job
was to put local dir in the datalist.
It took too long and i wanted to stop it .... but how?? i failed to find a
solution.

go to the admin view -> 'Manage jobs' and there you can kill individual jobs.

To stop the job i thought that stopping the galaxy running instance could make
it. (AM I RIGHT?)

possible, but sounds like an 'overkill' to me. I would first try the 'soft' method described above....and use this only as a last resort.

Unfortunately, i failed to restart galaxy. I have the following error:

are you sure you have killed the galaxy process? Since this part of the error message tells me that Galaxy (or another service) is still using the port number.

> socket.error: (98, 'Address already in use')

How did you stop galaxy?

Regards, Hans