Hans-Rudolf Hotz wrote:
> Hi Colin

> You are aware of the 'download' button (ie the disk icon), aren't-you?
>
> Unless, you have a log-in requiorement for your galaxy server, you can
> also use this url to copy the data to a different server with 'wget'.
>
> Or you try to find out the dataset number (eg by setting up 'reports' or
> just by looking at the filesystem) and you do an 'scp' to your other server

Thanks Hans,

FWIW, I have a crummy little script I use to translate encoded/decoded
dataset IDs and return datasets' disk paths, attached.  Maybe others
will find this useful.

--nate

> Regards, Hans
>

> On 06/29/2011 11:58 PM, colin molter wrote:
> >Hi Hans,
> >just one more small galaxy question.
> >I finished the whole process of transforming the data using galaxy. Now i
> >would like to get these data into my server's filesystem. Something exactly
> >opposite to the adding of datafile to a datalibrary would be ideal.
> >(so getting a dataset from the history to the filesystem).
> >
> >thx for your time,
> >regards,
> >colin
> >
> >2011/6/29 colin molter<colin.mol...@gmail.com>
> >
> >>it finished! and results seems perfect.
> >>it is just very very slow: nearly 10 hours for 25Gb.
> >>
> >>it seems that in future version of illumina preprocessed data, there will
> >>be no longer need of the groomer.
> >>thx
> >>colin.

> >>--
> >>Colin Molter
> >>University of Brussels - InSilico Team - http://insilico.ulb.ac.be/

#!/usr/bin/env python

import os, sys
from ConfigParser import ConfigParser
from optparse import OptionParser

parser = OptionParser()
parser.add_option( '-c', '--config', dest='config', help='Path to Galaxy config file (universe_wsgi.ini)', default='universe_wsgi.ini' )
parser.add_option( '-e', '--encode-id', dest='encode_id', help='Encode an ID' )
parser.add_option( '-d', '--decode-id', dest='decode_id', help='Decode an ID' )
parser.add_option( '--hda', dest='hda_id', help='Display HistoryDatasetAssociation info' )
parser.add_option( '--ldda', dest='ldda_id', help='Display LibraryDatasetDatasetAssociation info' )
( options, args ) = parser.parse_args()

try:
    assert options.encode_id or options.decode_id or options.hda_id or options.ldda_id
except:
    parser.print_help()
    sys.exit( 1 )

options.config = os.path.abspath( options.config )
os.chdir( os.path.dirname( options.config ) )
sys.path.append( 'lib' )

from galaxy import eggs
import pkg_resources

config = ConfigParser( dict( file_path = 'database/files',
                             id_secret = 'USING THE DEFAULT IS NOT SECURE!',
                             database_connection = 'sqlite:///database/universe.sqlite?isolation_level=IMMEDIATE' ) )
config.read( os.path.basename( options.config ) )

from galaxy.web import security
from galaxy.model import mapping

helper = security.SecurityHelper( id_secret = config.get( 'app:main', 'id_secret' ) )
model = mapping.init( config.get( 'app:main', 'file_path' ), config.get( 'app:main', 'database_connection' ), create_tables = False )

if options.encode_id:
    print 'Encoded "%s": %s' % ( options.encode_id, helper.encode_id( options.encode_id ) )

if options.decode_id:
    print 'Decoded "%s": %s' % ( options.decode_id, helper.decode_id( options.decode_id ) )

if options.hda_id:
    try:
        hda_id = int( options.hda_id )
    except:
        hda_id = int( helper.decode_id( options.hda_id ) )
    hda = model.context.current.query( model.HistoryDatasetAssociation ).get( hda_id )
    print 'HDA "%s" is Dataset "%s" at: %s' % ( hda.id, hda.dataset.id, hda.file_name )

if options.ldda_id:
    try:
        ldda_id = int( options.ldda_id )
    except:
        ldda_id = int( helper.decode_id( options.ldda_id ) )
    ldda = model.context.current.query( model.HistoryDatasetAssociation ).get( ldda_id )
    print 'LDDA "%s" is Dataset "%s" at: %s' % ( ldda.id, ldda.dataset.id, ldda.file_name )