Hi David,

Actually that is an interesting idea to use a daemon to move the files into
associated user directories. Is that something that Galaxy Dev is
working/can work on, or was that just a suggestion? I'm not opposed to
doing any dev work of my own, but I don't really know Python that well and
I know most of the Galaxy code is Python.

I'm not sure that I follow what you are talking about with the joint
user/galaxy directory though. I'm of course wanting it to not be unified
(not all in the same directory) and rather be segregated by user into user
subdirectories, but I think you already caught that so I guess I just
didn't understand what you were getting at.

Josh Nielsen