well it would be actually interesting to find out what happened and to find out the full story on what actually happened in the first place.
We may go on on what we think happened but how did it all start.
We know a few facts.
1.  he did not release in a while.
The industry was growing only just born and growing fast, who knew it would normalise itself to a slow easy strole in about 10 years or so.
maybe even less.
2.  james got a new company and was trialing a preorder system.
3. release dates were made but in this case james was not able to meet the dates. This in itself was not normal but up till then every dev had been making dates maybe everyone was lucky. Though pcs had started the trek stuff before gma did same with lone wolf both were dos initially.
4.  this is where at least from my standpoint it gets a bit misty.
We know that for ages there was nothing coming out at all and people were wandering. At that time we hadn't had anything not come when it was supposed to so people were concerned. However it suddenly looked after a lot of big announcements that james publically went quiet without explanation and people started wandering what was going on. Maybe his life caught up with him but we will never know now or till the end of the world. 5. we know now that the pre order system and release dates really were not a good thing and that james took cash for something that as far as anyone cared never made it out the door but he had a date that couldn't be met I don't recall them being reset so obviously there musn't have been a release date reset I don't have records at all.
bar a few demos evewrything seemed to have stopped.
And that stayed like that for about 5 years maybe more like 2-4 years.
And thats where it officially ends.
at least from what I remember.
After that there were messages bandied over that people complained to james, even flamed him that whiny blind people made him quit, other messages said he screwed us over! Ofcause it can be assumed that offline life caught up with him and although I don't expect a dev to tell of his offline life, its the only thing I think that makes sence.
How much is true?
For that only james can know.
Some truth does exist.
we have people that like to complain to devs I am not one of those that would go hard out. We know he kept accepting cash after he couldn't make the release date and got flack for it.
We don't know though what happened, not fully.
Shortly after the start of  the 5th year the flamewar started.
And then james quit obviously his system had malfunctioned and he was not able to or was not aware of it till it caught up with him. The last email I had was james was in one of the stupid years when I fired off over things in general.
I forgot what it was about.
He swore at me, and seemed to be completely burned at the stake.
this was shortly before he quit.
So what happened?
I know what happened via list mail, but if thats all via list mail is it the entire truth.
Nowe we are mostly wiser, maybe its safe to revisit the mystory.
I am in 2 minds about getting james back should the opertunity arrise again though.
That is unless we can actually find out what going on.
All I know is whatever happened to get things to not go to plan it must have been a monster thing in deed. We may never know what that is but if there is a way to resolve this mystory I'd be interested in that.