Hi all,
I have emailed the editor of Spag magazine for players of Interactive
Fiction. I got a reply, but, because of some attachments, which I don't know
how exactly to remove because it would go over the size of messages for the
list, I have forwarded the message to Thomas. Anyway, the point of this
message is that Spag magazine would like an article about us as blind
players playing interactive fiction, the next issue is coming out in a
month's time. I am quite an amateur in IF, and still haven't tried out many
interpreters and so on, so could someone who has more experience then I do
with IF write the article about playing IF from a blind person's
perspective, maybe saying what interpreters don't work well, how it's done,
I don't know, just a general thing to make people more aware of us. There
are some things I'd like whoever writes the article to highlight, though,
like the, if we put in that we're still having problems getting these Pocket
Interpreters to work on the Pac Mate, maybe someone would in the IF
community would be prepared to modify them a bit, as the Source Code is
freely available, and maybe other issues if there are still accessibility
problems or just anything.
Ari