Hi.
thought i would introduce my self.
my name is marvin hunkin, 43, live in devonport, tasmania, australia.
now, have been playing accessible games for a few years off and on.
and before that, played general games at the local arcade and the roller
skating rink in Adelaide, South Australia, Australia.
like pacman, space invaders, galaxian, indonapolis 500, etc.
and then also in the department store at John Martins in Adelaide,
Australia, which is no more, would test the atari console with the latest
games like ten pin bowling, pinball, space invaders, demolition dearby,
indonapolis 500, galaxian, packman, etc.
now, as a almost totally blind person, here's my question.
was talking to some one last night, and they asked how i would play games on
a normal console, which has touch screens.
like the play station 2, 3, psp, playstation portable, nintendo ds, we, and
the x box.
and would it be possible to have any text to speech engines, built into the
console or the games.
always wondered about this, the game manufacturers could tap into another
market, the blind and visually impaired.
what do other members think, and could it be done, some sort of software or
hardware development, or add-on?
just wondering.
cheers Marvin.