Hope the msm thing works...I have never had SAPI working correctly on this thing since I got it, and am still waiting on my Windows XP CD that I bought a few weeks ago because I found out my Windows wasn't "genuine".

From: "Jim Kitchen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 12:47 AM
To: "Terrence van Ettinger AKA Angus MacLaren" <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] More SAPI Frustration

Hi Terrence,

since you have already tried the DelUserLex.exe file.
Here is another fix that I was told about. Not sure if it is actually just doing the same thing or not.

Go to c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Speech
Then, press enter on Sapisvr.exe. It won't say anything, but it should correct the control panel entries for Sapi.

Another thing that you can do is to use the Windows XP restore feature to restore your computer back to a date when the voices were working.

And then there is to use your Windows XP cd to repair the entire sapi5 text to speech engine.

And Thomas gave us this link

you can download
(SpeechSDK51MSM.exe).
which contains all of the Microsoft Sapi voices available for Windows XP from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5e86ec97-40a7-453f-b0ee-6583171b4530&displaylang=en

HTH

BFN

    Jim

Check my web site for my free blind accessible pc dos and windows games.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA