Hi Phil,
Thanks for the email. I had no idea that some keyboards came with a mute key.
Thank goodness mine doesn't. My advice is that if you're keyboard has a mute
key, label it in a way that you know what the key is. I'm glad you're wife
solved the problem.> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED];
gamers@audyssey.org> Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 10:42:07 -0500> Subject: [Audyssey]
Beware of the Death Key> > Beware of the Death key.> by Phil Vlasak.> My wife
was haply playing a game on her new Vista computer when all of a > sudden,> her
computer died.> At first she thought that Jaws had crashed so she shut it down
and> re-started it.> No speech came forth.> Next she re-booted the computer and
no sounds or speech came up.> Well, I said, it must be the headphones.> So she
checked the cord from the headphones to the computer and they were > still
plugged in.> Then she pulled out the headphone cable and tested the speakers
and> no sound came forth.> She next tried the volume up key on her keyboard and
still nothing.> Then she remembered the death key, and she pressed it and glory
be, sound > and speech was restored!> What is this death key you may ask?> For
the blind it is the mute key.> The computer's sounds stay muted even through
warm and cold boots and can > only come back to life when the key is pressed
again.> So beware of that key and remember its location as your finger too
might > slip and press the death key.> > > > ---> Gamers mailing list __
Gamers@audyssey.org> If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [EMAIL
PROTECTED]> You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at>
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.> All messages are
archived and can be searched and read at> http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of
the list,> please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]