To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 6:33 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Beware of the Death Key

Hi Phil,
Thanks for the email. I had no idea that some keyboards came with a mute key. Thank goodness mine doesn't. My advice is that if you're keyboard has a mute key, label it in a way that you know what the key is. I'm glad you're wife solved the problem.> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; gamers@audyssey.org> Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 10:42:07 -0500> Subject: [Audyssey] Beware of the Death Key> > Beware of the Death key.> by Phil Vlasak.> My wife was haply playing a game on her new Vista computer when all of a > sudden,> her computer died.> At first she thought that Jaws had crashed so she shut it down and> re-started it.> No speech came forth.> Next she re-booted the computer and no sounds or speech came up.> Well, I said, it must be the headphones.> So she checked the cord from the headphones to the computer and they were > still plugged in.> Then she pulled out the headphone cable and tested the speakers and> no sound came forth.> She next tried the volume up key o