Hi,
Yeah, a game like Civilization or Galaxy Civilization would totally rock. However, as you pointed out that is a rather large task for a one or two man operation. A couple of games I really miss from my sighted days is Mech Warrior and Starcraft. Those were a couple of cool games that have no accessible equivalents currently. There are lots of cool games like that which are old hat for mainstream gamers, but blind gamers haven't even got started with games like that yet.

Zachary Kline wrote:
Hi,
I for one will wholeheartedly agree with this.  My personal preference
runs more for grand strategy, along the lines of Master of Orion,
Civilization, etc.  I can currently play both these games somewhat
awkwardly via sighted proxy.  I wish I didn't have to do it that way.
What we need is something like the currently accessible Anacreon
Reconstruction with better AI and diplomacy options.
Just my two cents here.  I know these kinds of games are probably the
hardest to program, despite not having any realtime or 3D audio or what
have you.
All the best,
Zack.