Well, MGS continues with MGS 5, but Solid Snake is out of it and they're making a new character to replace him, since at the end of MGS 4 he knew what his fait was. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Munawar Bijani" <munaw...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 15, 2009 12:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] The real Game Circle

Hi Tom,
I think the real issue is not the lack of plot in Tomb raider, but simply that it's been going on for so long. Take Metal Gear Solid, for instance. It got so popular people wrote official analytical papers on its story. Scratch the game play--it's just a first-person shooter. But the developers for MGS did something right: they pakced the entire plot into four games, and ended it. Harry Potter would have suffered the same fate as Tomb Raider if Rowling had dragged on the series for another ten books. Animorphs suffered that fate. What seems to happen is some developers get too cocky and don't know when to stop. When that happens, the audience goes, "oh, when will this thing end?" And then when it does, they go "finally!" and just throw the whole series out the window. Or when they do finally end it, the ending wasn't even worth the suspense. I know several series that have ended horribly--with a total lack of creativity, and it has left me disappointed in the end.
Munawar A. Bijani
"Knowledge is of two types: absorbed and heard. The heard knowledge is only useful if it is absorbed." - Imam Ali Ibn Abu Talib, Nahj Al-Balagha
mailto:munaw...@gmail.com
http://www.bpcprograms.com