well any screen reader will work, strictly speaking there is some w3c guidelines at w3c.org or something but I have never viewed this. These guidelines are for accessability and are probably something you want to look for. Having headings and sub headings were applicable, lists, bulleted or otherwise, forms list combo boxes, labeled radio and check controls etc. Text modes or just text and no graphics, though alt text descriptions of images will be good.
No image links if you can possably avoid those.
No flash unless you label everything i guess, and audio, well no music playing in the site because it can go over the volume of readers. But having a theme, buttons and links making noise, small audio messages on the site, in fact as long as you don't overdo it you can be as fancy with audio as you want.
Though be wary for those using mobile devices etc.
At 07:45 a.m. 29/01/2011, you wrote:
that's a hard one. there's jaws from freedom scientific, window-eyes from gw micro. nvda wich is a free product and system access from serotek and you can get a free account at satogo.com