To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2011 11:09 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Windows screen reader software?

Thanks for the advice, everyone! NVDA and System Access are workable, but clumsy. JAWS is much nicer, it approaches VoiceOver in usability, but it's incredibly expensive (you could buy a new computer for less). Of course, I can use it in the free demo mode for my purposes, but do people really spend so much on JAWS?

I guess the most important question is, what software do people actually use? I see after a quick inspection that all of these options read my webpages slightly differently. I don't want to waste time making it work well with a program that no one uses.

Thanks,
David