Chris, I was quite suprised when you started talking about the piranha!
Apparently you found a bug, because piranha aren't supposed to be available for
purchase until the next update that I haven't released yet.  They are supposed
to first show up in mission 7.  I've checked the code and I believe I've fixed
the bug, but there really isn't much of a reason for me to post the patch yet,
because I'm close to releasing mission 7 anyways.

The reason you're having all of those problems with the piranha, is because
they weren't done being coded yet, in the version you're using.  Since I
believed they couldn't be purchased, that wouldn't normally have been a
problem.  On the next update, the code for them is finished, and they behave as
I intend for them to.  So I guess that explains why it slowed down, and even
froze your machine.

For everyone else, if you're using version 1.5b, and you experience this same
bug which allows you to buy piranha, I'd recommend that you don't simply
because you aren't supposed to be able to buy them until mission 7.

I'm still working on JAWS 12 support.  JAWS has proved to be especially tricky
compared to NVDA and Window eyes.