HI Dark,

Agreed. Think of how many side-scrollers were created between say 1984
and 1994. The original Pitfall and Montezuma's Revenge came out at
roughly the same time, similare game play elements, etc but were
actually quite different when you got down to it. Montezuma's Revenge
was about an explorer Panama Joe who was exploring an ancient Aztec
ttemple. Pitfall is about an explorer Harry, I think his name was, who
is in the Amazon jungle. Although, they are treasure hunting games
they really are quite different in game play and style.

My point being is I don't think game developer should be too worried
about creating tgames that are similar. Even something like DynaMan
and Packman Talks are different games. DynaMan doesn't have the same
sounds, music, enemies, or so on as Packman. So it would be unfair to
compare DynaMan to Packman Talks. Although, the concepts for DynaMan
andPackman Talks are similar. There is plenty of room to design
something similar as long as it stands out as a unique product.

Cheers!