Hello. as a blind gamer my self. I like the games shades of doom a audio version of the old doom game. I like it since it is a fps game meaning a first person shooter game and those are the games that I like. the object of the game is to kill monsters and things and shut down an experiment. this game is made by gma games. there website is www.gmagames.com I also like Jim kitchen's games. he makes free sapi games and window games. his website is kitchen'. I also like q 9. this is made by blastbay studios. the object of this game is to get the little alien q9 back to his ship. wile battling things like bares, bats, and other things. you have to go through several worlds like the jungle world, the cave world, the mountain world and the death world. The audio game community has allot of other audio games. some of witch can be played on line. one that comes to mind is swamp. it is another zombie shooting game. The audio game community though has nothing like anything like say grand theth audo. all though others on this list might be able to shed more light on that since there are gamers and developers on this list. to me what makes a good audio game is good sounds and a good story line. I tend to go for the fps games my self since I am not in to txt adventure games. I hope I have helped ancer your questions and feel free to quote me in your article. my name is Mich Verrier I am blind and I am 29 and I live in New Liskeard Ontario Canada. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ashley Taylor" <ashley.p.tay...@gmail.com>
To: <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:42 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Inquiry From Popular Mechanics

Hello,

I am a journalist writing an article about computer games for the blind and
would really appreciate your input. Please only reply to this post if you
are willing for me to quote you in my article (for the Popular Mechanics
website). It would be helpful if you could describe yourself as you'd like
me to describe you in the article.

What are the qualities of a good computer game for the blind? What does it
have to have to work well for someone who can't see?

For blind or visually impaired gamers, what are your favorite audio games,
and why? Which games designed for sighted people are these most analogous
to?

What are some examples of games for the blind that I can play online?

What do you think is the most interesting factoid about games for the blind?

Thank you,
Ashley
--
Ashley Taylor