On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 10:58:54AM +0000, Guido Trotter wrote:
> Not exactly.
>
> - There is no such thing as "min" at run time

Hmm. Right now (in 2.6) not, but this would have been the value that Xen
(or KVM) is allowed to auto-balloon-down the instance.

But I might be wrong indeed and there's no such memory. Hrmm… Then would
the oper_mem (running_mem) be the minimum for the hypervisor?

I think I misjudged a bit these, I'll have to rethink and see how all
the thinks (capacity, auto-ballooning, etc.) will work.

> - As for "max" it cannot be modified without a reboot.
>
> So it's all true except the last sentence: we just want a way to modify
> oper_ram, live. (there is no sense in doing it non-live)

Ack. Whether we keep oper_ram (for consistency with instance list) or we
rename it to running_ram it's for decision.

thanks!
iustin