Hi Daniel:

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 3:41 AM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> During an upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1, is it permissable to mix 3.0 and 3.1
> gmond nodes?
>
> Any recommendations about the order in which to do the upgrade?
>
> Will the 3.1 gmetad accept data from 3.0 gmond agents?  If so, would it
> be sensible to upgrade gmetad and web components first, and then go
> around updating the gmond agents?

If you do get around testing the upgrade path from 3.0 to 3.1, please
do let us know your feedback.  We'll use it to perfect our
documentation.

BTW, you will need to convert your gmond.conf from 3.0.x to 3.1.x (the
location will also move from /etc/gmond.conf to
/etc/ganglia/gmond.conf):

http://www.ganglia.info/snapshots/3.1.x/gmond-3.1.patch

Cheers,