Hi Brad,
One minor bug would be that the gmetrics link is no longer visible in the
host view.   Not sure if this is because I have done anything wrong, but
it's pretty much a vanilla install.
Not sure if this is intentional with the introduction of the python
modules.

kind regards,
Marc van Kerkhoven
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
IBM Office / Fax +44 (0)2392562649
Mobile: +44 (0)7966 265915 mobex: 265915
VoiceRite Ltd 26 Broadmarsh Business & Innovation Centre Harts Farm Way
Havant Hants PO9 1HS
www.voicerite.com/uk
If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments
you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to
anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this
email in error. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of VoiceRite.
Finally the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the
presence of viruses. VoiceRite accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.
Registered office as above.
Registered Number England 3510518 Registered at Cardiff.
VAT Number 711774246

"Brad Nicholes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
29/07/2008 16:33

<ganglia-developers@lists.sourceforge.net>,
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc

Subject
Re: [Ganglia-general] [Ganglia-developers] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Ganglia 3.1.0
tarball ready fortesting...

  It has been two weeks since the announcement of the availability of the
Ganglia 3.1.0 testing tarball.  Since that time, I haven't seen any
reports of showstopper issues.  Unless there are any objections or
critical bug reports that have not yet been reported, I propose that we
release the 3.1.0 tarball as first official release of the Ganglia 3.1.x
series.

Comments? Votes?

Brad

>>> On 7/15/2008 at 1:57 PM, in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
"Brad
Nicholes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The Ganglia Project is pleased to announce the first official testing
release
> of Ganglia 3.1.x.  The testing tarball is available for immediate
download
> at:
>
> http://www.ganglia.info/testing/
>
> The intent of this first testing release of Ganglia 3.1.x is to validate

> that the source code is stable and that the new feature set that is
included
> in the 3.1 version of the software, is ready for general release.  The
> release procedure from this point has been documented on the Ganglia
wiki
> site at http://ganglia.wiki.sourceforge.net/ganglia_works under the
heading
> "Generating a Release Candidate and GA Release".
>
> Basically the Ganglia 3.1.0 testing tarball has been rolled and made
> available for testing by the Ganglia community.  All bugs found in this
> testing release should be immediately reported through bugzilla
> (http://bugzilla.ganglia.info) and can be posted to the
bug
> report is also accompanied by a bug fix patch, this will help avoid
delays in
> producing new testing tarballs and ultimately an official general
release of
> the software.  If any critical level bugs are discovered, the current
testing
> release tarball will be thrown away and a new tarball will be rolled and
made
> available for further testing.  Once a testing release tarball has been
> validated by the Ganglia community to be stable and ready for general
> availability, that tarball will become the official Ganglia 3.1.x
release.
> So basically the sooner we are able to test and validate the Ganglia 3.1

> source code, the sooner the project will be able to
>  create an official release.  But we need your help to get this done.
Any
> and all testing and feedback, positive or negative, will be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> There are several known issues with the current release which include
the
> following:
>
> * no support for C++ to create DSO modules
> * no spoofing from modular metrics (use gmetric if spoofing is needed)
> * race condition for tcpconn python metric module (affects gmond -m)
> * libdir issues related to building for 64bit platforms
> * known build issues for platforms:
>    - Darwin (AKA MacOS/X)
>    - HPUX
>    - Tru64 (AKA OSF/1)
>    - Irix
>
> Many of the above issues are being addressed and patches will be applied
for
> the next minor release of Ganglia 3.1.x.  In addition more information
about
> the current testing release or official release, can be found on the
Ganglia
> wiki at http://ganglia.wiki.sourceforge.net/ganglia_release_notes.
>
> For those who are interested in upgrading from a current 3.0.x
installation,
> your current gmond and gmetad configuration files will need to be moved
from
> there current location to /etc/ganglia.  If you are attempting the
upgrade
> via an RPM, the RPM will automatically move your current configuration
file
> to the new location. However, for gmond, the 3.0.x conf file will not
work.
> Please use the patch file gmond-3.1.patch (available from the testing
URL
> above) to patch your gmond.conf prior to starting, otherwise gmond will
fail
> to startup.
>
> The main features of this release are :
>
>   * Dynamically loaded metric module support (DSO)
>   * Scriptable metric module support with Python
>   * Modular frontend graph support
>   * Platform support for DragonFlyBSD
>   * Improved native metric support for Windows (Built with CygWin)
>   * Bug fixes and Enhancements
>
> Supported platforms (additional testing requested):
>
>   * Linux (Fedora/RedHat/CentOS, Debian, Gentoo, SuSE/OpenSuSE)
>   * [Open]Solaris
>   * FreeBSD
>   * NetBSD
>   * OpenBSD
>   * DragonflyBSD
>   * Cygwin (no support for DSO yet)
>   * AIX (no support for DSO yet)
>
> Please read all the README, INSTALL and other available documentation
> (http://ganglia.wiki.sourceforge.net) as a lot of things have changed
since
> 3.0.7. Use good deployment practices when upgrading from 3.0.x to make
sure
> that you do not mix gmond 3.0 and 3.1 nodes in the same cluster (as
defined
> by a multicast address or unicast collector node).  The protocol that
allows
> gmond nodes to communicate within the same cluster, has changed. However
the
> XML packets that are passed between gmond and gmetad have remained
compatible
> from 3.0.x to 3.1.x, allowing a 3.0.x gmetad to continue to pull data
from a
> newer 3.1.x gmond cluster.
>
> happy testing

challenge
prizes
world
challenge
prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
world

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.