Vladimir:

Is there a particular reason why you're using the 3.1.2 spec file for
3.1.4?  We do occasionally make changes to the spec file so using the
one that came with the release is the recommended way of building
RPMs.

Daniel:

Which tarball should I be posting?

http://www.mail-archive.com/ganglia-developers@lists.sourceforge.net/msg05281.html