All,
     I just wanted to get some feedback on how much interest there would be for
a REST interface for Ganglia.  I spent a few days putting together a POC of a
REST interface and was able to get something that implements the following REST
URLs:

/clusters
/clusters/{cid}
/clusters/{cid}/hosts
/hosts
/hosts/{hid}
/hosts/{hid}/metrics
/hosts/{hid}/metrics/{mid}
/hosts/{hid}/metrics/{mid}/data
/hosts/{hid}/metrics/{mid}/graph
/hosts/{hid}/metrics/{mid}/info

/clusters/... and /hosts/... pull data directly from the XML produced by
gmetad.  .../data, .../graph, .../info pull data or graphs directly from the
rrd's through rrdtool.  .../graph actually produces an rrdtool graph for the
specified metric given some query params that affect the attributes of the
graph.  I would show you all a live demo but I don't have access to a web
server outside our firewall.  Before I can contribute the code, I need to get
permission from my employer first so before going to that trouble, I just
wanted to see if I was headed in the right direction.

comments (on at least the little bit of information I gave you :)

Brad

<CABcEujvoAs=a-yyuvqnur82rqcr6jyog3nk5a19wn9yvrqv...@mail.gmail.com>, Matt