gmond segfaults 50% of the time at startup.  The random nature of it
suggests to me that their is a race condition when the gmond threads
startup.  When I tried to strace or run gmond through gdb the problem
wasn't apparant.. which is what led me to believe it's a threading problem
that strace or gdb masks.

Any recommendations for accurately debugging gmond would be great; cause
when running through strace and gdb I can't get it to segfault.

FYI, I'm running gmond v2.2.2 on 48 nodes of those 16 of the nodes' gmond
segfaulted at startup...

Mike

ps.
here's an example:
`which gmond` --debug_level=1 -i eth0

mcast_listen_thread() received metric data cpu_speed
mcast_value() mcasting cpu_user value
2051 pre_process_node() remote_ip=192.168.0.28encoded 8 XDR
bytespre_process_node() has saved the hostname
pre_process_node() has set the timestamp
pre_process_node() received a new node

XDR data successfully sent
set_metric_value() got metric key 11
set_metric_value() exec'd cpu_nice_func (11)
Segmentation fault