Hi,

 hmm. "interesting". Was the Bytes-Out the only metric showing problems
at that time? What about Packets-Out.

 Loss of metric data is not unheard of, but only one metric affected is
strange.

 What platform and version (gmond, gmetad web-frontend) are you
running?

Cheers
Martin

--- "G. Francisco Perin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am having a strange issue with ganglia reporting (not reporting)
> network traffic on a high volume web site.  The graphs are reporting
> points of zero (0) data when SAR data is not showing the same
> information.  Its disconcerting because if Ganglia is reporting good
> information then I have a problem.  But all other indications are
> that
> things are fine.
>
> Here's an example of the SAR data for the interface:
>
> Time     Rx     Tx
> 05:14:00 845.78 945.85
> 05:15:00 722.51 816.59
> 05:16:00 752.33 840.65
> 05:17:00 796.62 886.42
> 05:18:00 888.71 990.34
> 05:19:00 802.17 891.59
> 05:20:00 760.13 851.22
> 05:21:00 797.95 908.55
> 05:22:00 909.58 1009.56
>
> And attached is a graph from ganglia during the same time period.
> Notice there is a big drop in RX between 5:15-5:20?
>
> Any ideas what might be causing the chart to do this?  Do you think I
> am
> looking at a real problem or something with ganglia reporting?
>
> --
> cp

Martin Knoblauch
email: k n o b i AT knobisoft DOT de