On 11/2/05, G. Francisco Perin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am having a strange issue with ganglia reporting (not reporting)
> network traffic on a high volume web site.  The graphs are reporting

> Any ideas what might be causing the chart to do this?  Do you think I am
> looking at a real problem or something with ganglia reporting?

IIRC, Ganglia uses UDP, which may result in minor data loss.  That
said, for the margin of error to be _that_ large seems a bit peculiar
to me.  Maybe some major packet never made it, and RRDTool assumed a
value of 0 due to a lack of data?

I think you can trust the values that SAR is reporting you, although
determining why Ganglia gave this value instead (and on just bytes
out, no less, as the bytes in metric looked fine for the time period)
might be useful.

--
~Mike
 - Just my two cents