All,

against all probability, but for reasonable historical reasons, we run
windows based HPC applications.
We also have large networks of similar function windows farms (e..g. web
farms). We want to improve
the visibility of the state of our estate, we like ganglia (rollups and
all that),
and want to pilot in some of our environments.

But as we all know, the windows agent is not fully performant, mostly
for cygwin reasons.

Is anyone working on a fully functional windows agent? Or a native
agent?

If we were to cheat, and create a windows agent that only produced the
XML via the tcp interface,
and not the udp niceness, can anyone give me an idea of how this will
scale? This obviously moves
more work to gmetad. Will gmetad poop with 5 data sources, 100?

Can someone suggest something clever to get windows node producing
ganglia data in a lightweight way?
Hopefully lighter weight than remote WMI access which is.... well....
maybe someone says this is OK,
but our wintel engineers hate the thought.

kind regards,

Richard

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays
Group does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this
message.  Although the Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes,
it does not accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is
caused by viruses being passed.  Any views or opinions presented are
Barclays Group.  Replies to this email may be monitored by the Barclays
Group for operational or business reasons.