Hi Richard,

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> All,
>
> against all probability, but for reasonable historical reasons, we
> run windows based HPC applications.

 What kind of HPC stuff is a financial institution running? Just
curious :-)

> If we were to cheat, and create a windows agent that only produced
> the XML via the tcp interface, and not the udp niceness, can anyone
> give me an idea of how this will scale? This obviously moves
> more work to gmetad. Will gmetad poop with 5 data sources, 100?

 Not knowing the Cygwin implementation at all, but what is wrong with
using the unicast TCP setup. Just select one or two nodes per *cluster*
to run "gmond" in TCP receive mode and let all other nodes send data to
them. Use the selected node(s) as data source for "gmetad". Much better
network usage compared to the multicast mode, which produces traffic
going up with N*N. And you don't have to worry about switches blocking
IGMP traffic.

 5 Datasources schould be no problem for "gmetad". I have no idea about
100 or more.

> Can someone suggest something clever to get windows node producing
> ganglia data in a lightweight way?

 This likely needs a native client.

Cheers
Martin