Luc,

 unfortunatelly, you need "apr". That is why the code is shipped with
ganglia and build. "apr" is the "Apache Portable Runtime" library that
is used all over the code. Just grep for "apr_" in the "gmond"
directory.

 You do not mention what problems you have building it. Without that we
cannot help you.

Regards
Martin
PS: In which line did you add the fcntl-include for irix/metrics.c ?

--- Luc Gauthier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just downloaded the source of Ganglia v3.0.2 and I'm planning to
> set
> it up over a couple of machines we have here. One of these is a SGI
> box
> running Irix 6.5.27, and I only want to have gmond running on it. All
> the other stuff will be running on a linux machine.
>
> I tried to compile the source out-of-the-box but got a couple of
> errors.
> The first one was easily fixed by following a tip given by Rene
> Salmon
> on the ganglia-developers mailing list a couple of months ago:
>
> ----------
> > I justs tried compiling ganglia-3.0.1 on Irix 6.5.27.
> > All we really want is gmond we will run gmetad, www, and other
> stuff
> on a better supported box running linux.
> > So we did the configure and make for just gmond on the Irix box.
> > The make failed
> > so I added this line to
> ganglia-3.0.1/srclib/libmetrics/irix/metrics.c
> >   #include <fcntl.h>
> ----------
>
> The make went a litte further but broke when trying to compile 'apr'.
> Now I don't need apr. As I was saying, I only want gmond. Rene Salmon
> says, in the cited message "So we did the configure and make for just
> gmond on the Irix box". I would like to do the same but unfortunately
> don't know how.
>
> Can anyone give me a hint ?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help and have a good day,
> Luc Gauthier

Martin Knoblauch
email: k n o b i AT knobisoft DOT de
www:   http://www.knobisoft.de