Hi Yongsheng,

 the only sure way to get it down is "reboot". Another way mybe to
unmount/mount all filesystems (which does not work for "/" :-)

 But there is no need to worry about "cached". It will go away
automatically if an application wants the memory. Oh - you could write
an application that mallocs lots of memory (as much as you have). This
will push away the "cache". On exit, the application memory is freed.

 But as I said, everything is fine.

Cheers
Martin

--- "Zhao, Yongsheng" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello, Martin:
>
> Thanks for the anwer. We are on Linux. Are there commands or
> utilities which
> can reset the cached memory to its original value? Thanks.
>
> Yongsheng

Martin Knoblauch
email: k n o b i AT knobisoft DOT de
www:   http://www.knobisoft.de