hello everyone,
  We are having problems installing ganglia version 3.0.4 with rrdtool-1.2.15.
we can successfully do make, make install. gstat -a also seems to work.
telnet localhost 8649 seems to throw out correct XML file. However, gmetad
seems to be having some problems.

telnet localhost 8652 seems to hang forever with the message:
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.

if i access ganglia through the web, i get this message after a long long time:
There was an error collecting ganglia data (192.168.1.1:8652): XML error: no
element found at 1

rrd_rootdir also remains empty. what could be wrong? i can provide more
details if necessary.

thanks in advance.
--
Regards