>>> On 8/12/2008 at 3:03 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Sid Stuart"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have written a small Python metric module that contains one metric,
> CacheHits. When the module is included in the configuration, gmond spits out
> the following error message,
>
> Unable to collect metric 'CacheHits' on this platform. Exiting.
>
> As far as I can tell, gmond is parsing the configuration file and accepting
> the data in it, but cannot seem to find/run the handler for the metric. I
> have compiled and run the Python module and it works standalone. Is there
> any way to get gmond to provide more detail on what is failing?
>
> The configuration file and the python module are included below,

This message usually means that something was wrong with the metric definition
and gmond doesn't recognize the metric name.  If you invoke gmond with a -m
parameter to list out all of the metrics, does your CacheHits metric show up in
the list?  If not then your module either isn't being loaded or the metric
definition that is returned by your module has a problem.

Brad