>>> On 8/13/2008 at 10:42 AM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Sid Stuart"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> After fixing a tabbing bug in your cacheHits() function, everything loaded
>> fine and the callback function was called as it should be.  The callback
>> didn't actually work on my system, but that is a different problem.  Make
>> sure that you don't have any python syntax errors in your module.  Otherwise
>> the module won't load.
>>
>> Brad
>>
>> Hi Brad,
>
> Thanks for going to all the effort. I think the tabbing bug was inserted by
> cut and paste as the cacheHits() function works on my system.
>
> I am beginning to believe the problem is with running any Python Metric
> Module. I have commented my module out of the system and inserted the
> tcpconn.pyconf into the the configuration. When I run gmond -d 9  in that
> configuration, I get a similar error message,
>
> gmond -d 9
> loaded module: core_metrics
> loaded module: cpu_module
> loaded module: disk_module
> loaded module: load_module
> loaded module: mem_module
> loaded module: net_module
> loaded module: proc_module
> loaded module: sys_module
> udp_recv_channel mcast_join=239.2.11.82 mcast_if=NULL port=8649 bind=
> 239.2.11.82
> tcp_accept_channel bind=NULL port=8649
> udp_send_channel mcast_join=239.2.11.82 mcast_if=NULL host=NULL port=8649
>
> Unable to collect metric 'tcp_established' on this platform. Exiting.
>
> The "tcp_established" metric is the first metric in the tcpconn collection
> group. Are Python Metric Modules supposed to work with gmond version
> 3.1.0.1399?
>
> Sid

Yes, python metric module support was one of the major features of Ganglia 3.1.
 Which version of python are you using?  There are some issue with older
versions previous to 2.4.  Did you try the -m parameter on gmond to see if your
metric is showing up in the list?  In the debug listing that you provided, I
don't see mod_python.so being loaded.  Are you sure that mod_python is
configured and loaded?  You should have a modpython.conf file along with the
rest of your .conf files in /etc/ganglia/conf.d.  If mod_python isn't even
being loaded, then there isn't any python module support.

Brad

Brad