My goal was to have multiple nodes reporting to a central location (
10.50.54.31) also running gmond and reporting info on itself as well.   To
accomplish this, wouldn't I configure the clients that will be sending data
something to this effect:
----------------------------------
/* Feel free to specify as many udp_send_channels as you like.  Gmond
   used to only support having a single channel */
udp_send_channel {
  host = 10.50.54.31
  port = 8649
  ttl = 1
  mcast_if = en2

}

The 10.50.54.31 was the original gmond.conf posted.  I'm assuming the gmetad
server (10.50.54.48) reaches out to the nodes defined in gmetad.conf for
information. Is there a method in which they only are aware of their own
information?

Lastly, I have a few nodes where HACMP is in place using IP Aliasing on a
single interface.  In these cases, i need to bind gmond.conf to a particular
IP.

Thanks again to everyones' support.